[CT Birds] What a difference a day makes.

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 6 12:34:02 EDT 2011

What a difference a day makes.

At Bakersville swamp-New Hartford, yesterday it was almost completely dead. I
arrived this morning as the morning sun was lifting, and the woods was loaded
with Yellow-rumped Warblers. They were not here yesterday. I would estimate a
good 100 plus birds. In was little else cept 2 Ruby-c-Kinglet, some Chippers,
Swamps and Song Sparrows - all new today. Also noted were NO Catbirds! They were
here yesterday. Also new was a flock of 12 Purple Finch fly over. So a big fall
out of Yellow-rumps last night, and hoping for MORE new birds and frost
tomorrow!

Oh yes - their was FROST over the grass as well.................Paul Carrier