[CT Birds] 90 jaegers on 10/5 and more seabird photos

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:02:29 EDT 2011

On Wed October 5th Keith Mueller and I were on Cape Cod all day, checking a
dozen sea-watch locations and a few inland spots. The wind was up and the
small land birds were down, but the seabirds were having a ball (only a few
brave fishing boats dared to go out in the swells)!  Some of the sea-watches
were quiet, but some of them were swarming with  jaegers (totaling about 90!
including one pomarine),  fulmars (2 light),  manx shearwaters (5),  cory's
shearwater (30),  great shearwater (200+),  gannets (160+),  and thousands
of terns (including hundreds of forster's). Great birds, big white-caps, and
beautiful windy beaches! What a day!

Go to....
http://coastalbirds2.blogspot.com/2011_10_01_archive.html
to get more details of our trip, and to see some of Keith's evocative photos
of jaegers going wild, and a memorable day on beautiful wild & windy Cape
Cod!

Tom Robben and Keith Mueller
Glastonbury and Killingworth, CT