[CT Birds] A good day

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 19:21:43 EDT 2011

Hammonasset this afternoon my latest ever by 13 days Great Crested Flycatcher. Beat my previous October big day
record by 2 with 86 species. Not real big time but i am happy. When they say it's all in the timing it could not have been
more true than this afternoon. When i left Lighthouse Park in New Haven i got the traffic light near the firehouse and
Townsend Avenue red. As i was waiting i could not believe what flew rather low right by me- a Sandhill Crane!!! if i had
got the light green would have missed it! So to repeat it's all in the timing!