[CT Birds] LPP Friday Totals

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:54:36 EDT 2011

10/7 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch
On light North wind up until noon, when it turned abruptly southwest and
then south:  121 raptors counted.
1 Turkey vulture, 10 Osprey, 4 Bald Eagles (1 adult and 3 juveniles), 4
Northern Harriers, 41 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 22 Cooper's Hawks, 4
Red-shouldered Hawks, 10 Broad-winged Hawks, 1 LIGHT MORPH JUVENILE
SWAINSON'S HAWK, 8 Red-tailed Hawks, 3 American Kestrels, 3 Merlins, 3
PEREGRINE FALCONS, 4 Unidentified Accipiters, and 3 Unidentified Raptors.

Among the many small migrants counted was 1 Ruby-throated Hummingbird.

Many thanks to Judy Moore who spotted the Swainson's Hawk, and to intrepid
observers Steve Mayo, Lynn James, Dori Sosensky, and Steve Spector.  We were
glad to have guests Alan Nordell, Kevin Jensen, and Carol Chapman.

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

*"*Come to me bird-watching God, you will find the branches for nesting. A
mustard seed of faith grows to a place of many wings*.*"
                                    from “Prayer of the Heart” by Maren C.
Tirabassi & Joan Jordan Grant