[CT Birds] Check out eBird Version 3 – The ultimate birding tool

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 03:01:30 EDT 2011

The newest version 3 of eBird is available now, and free....
It has great potential and if you take it for a test drive I think you will
agree with that.
It still needs much more participation, for example, the distribution map
for Northern Lapwing does not yet reflect the birds we saw last winter in
North America, probably because many of us are still getting comfortable
with data entry into eBird!
But the payoff of getting this data into the eBird database will be huge, as
it gradually accumulates more and more field reports.
If you have not used it, please give it a test-drive, at least to view
what's there already.
Year by year eBird will become more and more central to birders,
ornithologists, conservationists, and many others.
Please give it a try sometime.... perhaps to enter some Hurricane Irene rare
birds which you saw this summer.
Good Birding!
Tom Robben