[CT Birds] Big Sit - Glastonbury

Bill Asteriades Asterbunch at cox.net
Sun Oct 9 19:58:38 EDT 2011

Andrew Dasinger and I conducted our first Big Sit in Glastonbury.  Results follow:

10/9/11 - Glastonbury, Glastonbury Meadows - Big Sit results - 70 species.  Highlights are:  1 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER, 10 AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER, 8 SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER, 3 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER, 1 BAIRD'S SANDPIPER, 45 PECTORAL SANDPIPER, 4 WILSON'S SNIPE, 1 SWAINSON'S THRUSH, 50 AMERICAN PIPIT, 1 ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER, 1 VESPER SPARROW and 1 WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW.

This was a lot of fun and we plan on participating in future Big Sits.

Bill Asteriades
Souith Glastonbury, CT