[CT Birds] Am. Golden-Plover, Dickcissel, etc. Stratford
mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 10 22:47:29 EDT 2011
>From Frank Mantlik
- Community Garden (Connors Ln) - DICKCISSEL, 5 Bobolinks, Prairie Warbler, 2
White-crowned Sparrows, 16 Monk Parakeets.
- Stratford Point - 1 AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER, 14 RED KNOTS with other
shorebirds on rocks below lighthouse. Twenty Brant migrating by. Area seems
mostly closed due to much construction work going on.
- Wooster Park - Swainson's Thrush, 2 Hermit Thrush, Northern Parula.
- Boothe Memorial Park - I joined Scott Kruitbosch for some mid-day
hawkwatching. Twelve species of raptors including 1 Black Vulture, 2 Bald
Eagles; 1 Chimney swift.
- Ryder's Lane River walk - 2 Blackpoll Warblers, White-crowned Sparrow.
- Greenway behind Deluca ballfield (Main St. or Beacon Pt. Rd) - 2 Nashville
Warblers, Merlin (chasing cowbird flock).
Eastern Phoebes and Yellow-rumped Warblers were numerous and widespread.
More information about the CTBirds