[CT Birds] OT for the Naturalists on this List

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 12 06:35:21 EDT 2011

Yes, I have definitely realized a huge crop of maple seeds/samaras from a number
of sugar maples, especially the one over our back deck!  I suspect that's in
part why 2 large limbs snapped during T.S. Irene - the extra weight of all those
seeds.  Sweeping all the time as well.
On my mailroute in Westport, the Black Walnut crop has been prolific as well.
Frank Mantlik, Stratford