[CT Birds] Turkey vulture with state road "TV dinner" - Woodbury

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 12 13:44:47 EDT 2011

On my way to Woodbury from Washington, CT on RT 47 I had a surprise of a young turkey vulture in the road considering a dead squirrel on the road for a "TV dinner". The vulture flew up out of harms way, I was not going as fast as most to traffic on this state road goes. When I came up RT 47 the dead squirrel the vulture was interested in was still there. I think this young turkey vulture was very hungry to be considering a dead squirrel on a fairly busy road for a "TV dinner".

David W Babington
Washington, CT