[CT Birds] No subject

Robley Evans rjeva at conncoll.edu
Wed Oct 12 16:26:12 EDT 2011

Clutch of male wood ducks and an American bittern in the marsh two days
ago.  And on the subject of winter food for birds: too bad the numerous
car-struck squirrels along North Stonington roads can't be stored like nuts
for later use.  I have sent this note already:  I've been told by a local
biologist that crows stand beside squirrels telling them to cross the road
when a car approaches.  They've  been burying immense numbers of nuts in my
yard as though they thought they have a future.  Robley Evans  North
Stonington