[CT Birds] Stratford migrants 10/12

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Wed Oct 12 18:29:25 EDT 2011

Golden-crowned Kinglet, Song, White-throated, and Savannah Sparrow were abundant in all locations I surveyed today in Stratford. Brown-headed Cowbirds are grouping up. Yellow-rumped Warblers made a big push out last night, though some remain with Palm in many areas. The Connecticut Audubon Society managed Stratford Point is having a great sparrow season as usual, and we're starting to get some waterfowl in. If you're interested in a Stratford Point walk with Twan and me on a weekday watch for information here soon.

 From Scott Kruitbosch & Twan Leenders:
10/12/11 - Stratford, Stratford Point -- 1 WHITE-WINGED SCOTER, 1 PEREGRINE FALCON. Also 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet, 2 Swamp Sparrow, 1 Eastern Towhee, 1 Common Loon, 6 Red-breasted Merganser, 7 Brant.
10/11/11 - Stratford, Stratford Point -- Tens of sparrow migrants including 1 CLAY-COLORED SPARROW and 1 WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW.

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
10/12/11 - Stratford, Sikorsky walkway -- 2 WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW, 1 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER. Also 1 Field Sparrow, 3 Swamp Sparrow, 1 Blackpoll Warbler.
Stratford, Shakespeare Theatre park -- 1 WINTER WREN.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.