[CT Birds] Pelican Chronicles: fifth try was the charm!

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Wed Oct 12 19:54:03 EDT 2011

Thanks to a heads up call from Patrick Dugan shortly after 6:00,I raced down to a friend's backyard near Tomac Cove, which affordsa good view of the Stamford breakwater, and sitting on the breakwater was....yup, THE pelican! The pelican moved around quite a bit today:  it was sightedprior to 1:00 near the Old Greenwich Yacht Club at GreenwichPoint, then the Riverside Yacht Club at about 3, then theStamford breakwater at around 6. Finally got my CT Brown Pelican.  Now, if only I could get much closerviews for a photograph, especially at Greenwich Point - my local birding patch -that would be icing on my cake! Happy birding,Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich