[CT Birds] Red-throated Loons, Greenwich

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Thu Oct 13 15:10:47 EDT 2011

While fruitlessly hunting the pelican during my lunch break today, I did manage to find three immature RED-THROATED LOONS at Greenwich point, quite close to shore and sticking together in a tight group.  They were on the LIS side opposite Eagle Pond.

As the fog/drizzle rolled in, the cormorants kept looking bigger as they flew in, but alas, I could not turn any of them into a Brown pelican...

For any who might be thinking of hunting the pelican from Greenwich Point, you should be aware that they are still checking town stickers at the gate- and will so till the end of the month.

-Sean Murtha

www.seanmurthaart.com