[CT Birds] Pelican Chronicles: still around

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Thu Oct 13 19:06:55 EDT 2011

I received a phone call late this afternoon from someone who works along theMianus River saying he saw the pelican at the Riverside Yacht Club today.He didn't mention what time.  He was concerned about the pelican's well-being.I checked Greenwich Point this morning, then RYC to no avail.  I have to say what a wonderful birding community we have in CT.  I've gottenmany supportive and congratulatory emails from many of you.  Thank you!Happy birding, all! Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich