[CT Birds] Stratford migrants 10/15 - Clay-colored

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Sat Oct 15 11:03:11 EDT 2011

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
10/15/11 - Stratford, Community Gardens -- 1 CLAY-COLORED SPARROW feeding by itself in a garden, my third of the fall after two previous at Stratford Point. Also 45+ Chipping Sparrow, 1 Field Sparrow, 15+ Savannah Sparrow, 20+ Song Sparrow, 2 Swamp Sparrow, 6 White-throated Sparrow, 2 Dark-eyed Junco, 2 Eastern Phoebe.
Stratford yard -- Nice group of birds including 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet, 2 Blackpoll Warbler, 1 Eastern Towhee, 2 Field Sparrow, 8 Song Sparrow, 9 White-throated Sparrow.

Obviously migration weather stinks behind the cold front with very strong WSW-SW winds from a high to our SW and the low to the N. However, this well predicted event bodes very well for big rarities popping up here. Flycatchers anyone? Maybe a nice sparrow...something will be here, book it.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.