[CT Birds] 14 Acre Pond, Norwalk

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Sat Oct 15 13:04:15 EDT 2011

I stopped at 14 Acre Pond this morning to get some studies of Wood ducks, but I was immediately distracted by an AMERICAN BITTERN who seemed not to realize that its camouflage was NOT effective out in the open.  There was also a PIED-BILLED GREBE, 1 GREEN-WINGED TEAL, 1 AMERICAN WIDGEON, 4 GADWALL, 1 BLACK DUCK among several MALLARDS, 4 DC CORMORANTS,
and lots of what I was there for, WOOD DUCKS.
Yesterday I failed once again to find the Pelican at Greenwich Point, but I did find a COMMON LOON, and also a couple TREE SWALLOWS.
-Sean Murtha