[CT Birds] Wilton - Dickcissel etc

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sat Oct 15 17:59:20 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Spent much of the day with bloggers that write about birding. We kicked off at Allen's Meadows where we had numerous White-crowned Sparrows a couple of Lincoln's and a Vesper or two. Nothing too much else of note apart from a few Indigo Buntings that were still hanging in there and a couple of Blackpoll Warblers.

After a mid-morning coffee break we decided to stop off at Schencks Island to see what was around. As well as three Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers we managed to pick up a rather nice Dickcissel along the riverside trail, probably the bird of the day.

We finished the day at Sherwood, which seemed quiet apart from a couple of White-crowned Sparrows and a Peregrine that rounded out our falcon grand slam. Not the hoped for mega but a nice day all in all.

Luke Tiller, Wilton