[CT Birds] East Shore Park 10/15

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 15 20:40:49 EDT 2011

East Shore Park in New Haven, 1:30-5:30, 10/15/11

In part with Anthony Zemba

9 species of warblers in bushes and pines along the fence bordering the water treatment plant.

1 TENNESSEE WARBLER
1 Nashville
1 Pine
1 Common Yellowthroat
3 Black-throated Green
8 Palm
10 Blackpoll
15 N. Parula
40 Yellow-rumped

All were very active - chasing swarms of gnats.
Also about 25 Ruby-crowned Kinglets joining in.
The Tennessee and Nashville were in the 2 isolated bushes down by the water where the sidewalk curves to the right towards the water treatment plant.
I thought Parulas were supposed to be getting LESS common!
I found out Anthony and I have 2 of the same nenesis birds for CT - Connecticut & Cape May Warbler.

Tim Antanaitis
Middletown