[CT Birds] Ravens, Rusties and Swallows in Goshen and Litchfield

Kfinnan at aol.com Kfinnan at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 08:09:39 EDT 2011

The local Raven family has been conspicuous over recent weeks.  Five  were
flying throughout the Woodridge Lake area over the weekend.  The  adults
were doing display flights and reaching pretty high altitudes.

Late yesterday, small numbers of Tree Swallows were still visible in the
neighborhood in Goshen and the flock of at least 20 Rusty Blackbirds  had
repositioned further up Milton Rd. toward the Bunnell Farm in  Litchfield.

Eileen and I stopped by the farm pond on Newcomb Rd. in Goshen and she
noticed the arrival of a family of at least five, Hooded  Mergansers.  Canada
Goose numbers have increased.  A few Am. Wigeon  and Black Ducks are also
there.  Things change every day and we will keep  an eye on that area.

Kevin Finnan
Goshen