[CT Birds] Brown Pelican New Haven, West Haven

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Oct 18 10:38:36 EDT 2011

Bill Banks just called to say that Ron Pelletier (sp?) had the BROWN PELICAN in NEW Haven harbor, heading north toward the general area of Leon's restaurant.  The last time it was in that area it was seen on a barge and later on out on one of the sandy spits.

While I was talking to Bill I had a call from Janet Mehmel saying that she had a BROWN PELICAN in WEST Haven in the same place she reported one a few weeks ago.  That spot, if memory serves, was more out on the LI Sound side.

One bird?  Or two?

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT