[CT Birds] Audubon Greenwich - latish warbler push

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Wed Oct 19 13:28:45 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Just thought I'd note that we had a fairly decent movement of birds yesterday here at Greenwich including eight species of warblers. Nothing ridiculously late but a number of birds creeping into the uncommon or rare categories for the season here in Connecticut. Out of the eight only the Orange-crowned was of real note but it was interesting to still find a few House Wrens around as well as both Red-eyed and Blue-headed Vireos. I stuck some pictures up on my blog of the birds: http://underclearskies.com/2011/10/19/late-warbler-push/

Being a hawkwatcher I also wanted to note that October is HMANA's fund-raising month. Amongst the great reasons to join, getting articles from me in their most recent journal ;) (you can read about that on the blog too) Anyway a good organization to become a member of.

Hopefully we dry out tomorrow and finally get some of the goodies that local states have been getting. Apart from the Swainson's we haven't picked up much interesting from the west coast but I'd bet there is something cool out there as we speak.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich
www.underclearskies.com