[CT Birds] Hammo today

Janet Mehmel janmehmel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:54:21 EDT 2011

10/20/11 - Madison, Hammonasset State Park - - at the risk of blowing my
credibility I saw approx 20 ROYAL TERNS in 2+ hrs of scoping the Sound from
the large beach along the Moraine Trail.  I was somewhat sheltered from the
wind there, at Meig's the wind made scoping anything impossible.  The ROYALS
 and also 25 FORSTER'S TERNS were traveling from east to west, sometimes
very close to shore.  NORTHERN GANNETS were numerous, I counted 12 at one
time, 44 BRANT flew in and 9 WHITE-WINGED SCOTERS also flew past.
In the puddles across from the Swan Pond there were 19 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS
and 1 WILSON SNIPE

Guilford feeders - 1 RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRD continues

janet mehmel
guilford  ct