[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - Clay-colored Sparrow etc

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun Oct 23 12:18:05 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Lots of birds again this morning with huge numbers of White-throated Sparrows on property. The only real highlight on the deck was a Clay-colored Sparrow that was feeding with a group of House Sparrows on some seed I had put down - it wouldn't hang around long enough for me to go grab my camera though. Possibly as many as four Baltimore Orioles today in the getting late stakes (at least three). Two Golden Eagles so far at the hawkwatch but fairy slow beyond that - where is the buteo flight this season?

Luke Tiller, Greenwich