[CT Birds] Guilford birds 10-23-2011

Lorraine Gundersen raineg at comcast.net
Sun Oct 23 19:54:05 EDT 2011

Very active yard today. Most birds stocking up on cedar berries, apples, fermenting figs and dried meal worms. Robins are making a real mess at the bird baths. Trying to convince the Carolina Wrens that my garage is not a good place to hang out. Still have a Ruby Throated Hummingbird visiting the feeder as of this morning.

Brown Thrasher
White-t-Sparrow (several)
Junco (20+)
Chippers
Field Sparrow
Ruby-c-Kinglets (3)
Golden-c-Kinglets (7)
Yellow-rump warbler (9+)
Palm warbler
 Hermit thrush
Eastern Towhee
Eastern Bluebird (3)
Song Sparrow
Northern Flicker (2)
Eastern Phoebe
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Wild Turkey (many 23 +)
Mourning Dove (7)
Blue Jay
American Crow (3)
Black-capped Chickadee (3)
American Robin (many 75+)
American Kestrel
Cedar Waxwing (11)
American Goldfinch (5)
Northern Cardinal (3)
Tufted Titmouse (5)
American Redstart
Brown Creeper
House Finch (5)
Philadelphia Vireo
Carolina Wren (2)

We just recently cleared some brush and have stacked it in the small field in the back of our property. This morning while putting out some seed I noticed a Gray Fox coming out from under the tangle of branches

Lorraine
Guilford, CT