[CT Birds] White-crowned Sparrow video/more pics/Stratford Point walk

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Mon Oct 24 19:28:19 EDT 2011

I wanted to share some of my past week in the field - here is HD video of a very cooperative White-crowned Sparrow plus some photos of it, Eastern Bluebirds, a Palm Warbler feeling the season, and a record Vesper Sparrow shot: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2011/10/white-crowned-sparrow-and-more-at-trout.html

All were at Trout Brook Valley of the Aspetuck Land Trust. We will post more information on that soon.

Connecticut Audubon Society Conservation Biologist Twan Leenders and I will lead a Stratford Point public bird walk on November 3rd from 9-11AM. If we have rain or extreme conditions, the makeup date will be 11/10, and we will post any cancellation ASAP. The walk will be free, and we suggest bringing binoculars and a scope, if you have one. We will take a look at what waterfowl have arrived, find lingering songbird migrants or those that will winter here, and discuss the all of the work that has been and will be going on at the site. Dress for the season! It is always safe to assume Stratford Point is colder than anywhere else. Please meet between the visitor parking area by the clubhouse and the main building that holds our offices which faces Long Island Sound. Stratford Point is located at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford. If you have any questions please email me!

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.