[CT Birds] Scarlet Tanager across the pond

Sunrise Birding sunrisebirding at aol.com
Tue Oct 25 14:05:27 EDT 2011

Steve Bird and I spent the past few days on the Isles of Scilly off the
southwest coast of England.  Imagine our surprise and delight when,
within an hour of our arrival, we found a first winter male Scarlet
Tanager.  It was the first Scarlet Tanager seen on Scilly in nearly 30
years and this "mega" made us instant local celebrities.  The link
below is to a blog relays the story from one birder's perspective.  We
enjoyed of few days of fame for finding this amazing bird very far from

Gina Nichol