[CT Birds] East Shore Park and Hammo K MUeller

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Wed Oct 26 22:22:39 EDT 2011

JUst the highlights, the report will be posted on my blog tomorrow.

Today-East Shore Park, New Haven: ROYAL TERN, YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO,
Palm and Yellow-rumped Warblers, both Kinglets, hen Wood Duck, pair
Gadwall, 2 Common Snipe, Brant**- 700+/- in the harbor from East SHore
Park, Sandy Point, WEst Haven Beaches and Long WHarf, 2,000- 2,500
flying is steady lines outside the center wall heading west all
morning, mid-day and afternoon, 300+/-,  Scoters (mostly Surf) in many
small flocks outside center wall, 2 Peregrine Falcons flying along the
outer walls, 50 Sanderling, 65+ Dunlin, 24 Black-bellied PLover, 7
Greater Yellowlegs, 1 Yellow-Crowned night-Heron, 3 Great Blue Heron,
7 Great Egret, 1 Snowy Egret, 5 Horned Grebe, 11 Common Loon, 17
Lesser SCaup (rafted off ESP), 24 Greater Scaup (flying into Long
Wharf and landing by the Amistad pier)., I missed the Brown Pelican by
1 minute....I moved to another location as the barge was approaching
East Shore Park, come to find out the bird was tailing the barge!

Hammonasset 5:00 pm- in the small puddle in the west end of the park:
7 Pectoral Sandpiper, 3 Semi-palmated Sandpiper, 1 STILT SANDPIPER, 1
WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER, and 1 Dunlin with colored bands and white flag
band....sending data in now.

Keith Mueller    KIllingworth