[CT Birds] Now w/ Links: NYTimes on Jamaica Bay, &c.

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Oct 28 18:12:56 EDT 2011

Prescript:  and now I know the program strips hot links.  Sorry!

I hope the subject matter is interesting enough to cover the non-CT-bird-observation contents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/28/nyregion/united-states-and-nyc-to-coordinate-jamaica-bay-parkland.html
U.S. and N.Y.C. Unite to Aid Jamaica Bay
By LISA W. FODERARO
The bay, a key bird habitat, has suffered from proximity to Kennedy Airport and the patchwork quality of surrounding parklands.

Cornell releases 1956 film of Imperial Woodpecker.
http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/28/a-riveting-glimpse-of-a-vanished-bird
A Riveting Glimpse of a Vanished Bird
October 28, 20113:04 PM ET

http://scientistatwork.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/28/on-gawa-swiftlets-parasites-and-limestone
On Gawa, Swiftlets, Parasites and Limestone
October 28, 20113:36 PM ET