[CT Birds] Sandhills - Wareham to Quaker Ridge again?

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 23:12:29 EDT 2011

Hi All,

So doing a quick check back two years ago to this very day we had five Sandhill Cranes over Quaker. The birds originated in Wareham, MA and were tracked all the way to at least NJ. This year there were again a group of Sandhill Cranes in Wareham - totaling six birds ad today we had six over Quaker. Coincidence? I guess it depends on further reports from Wareham but it seems incredible to me to think this may be the same birds picked up twice on the same day on the same migratory path. Photo's of today's birds on my blog as well as links to the 2009 story etc on my blog here: http://underclearskies.com/2011/10/28/quaker-sandhill-cranes/

Luke Tiller, Greenwich
www.underclearskies.com