[CT Birds] Weekend weather

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 29 05:58:02 EDT 2011

Hi Nick,
You provided an excellent heads-up to birders with respect to the impending
storm.
Unless I overlooked something, there have been no new species added to the
cumulative CT year list this month.  Hopefully that will change in the next
couple days.

I do remember a similar October storm (late 1980s-early 1990's?) that nearly
stranded me on Block Is., RI.  Ferries were cancelled, but we managed to fly off
the island (in a 5-seater) in 60 mph winds.  That was an experience!  Got back
to CT to find 6" of snow, with numbers of Robins and Hermit Thrushes searching
the roadsides for exposed leaf litter and food.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford