[CT Birds] Forecast for Lighthouse

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 29 22:21:58 EDT 2011

The New Haven Parks Department has raised access fees significantly.  Concurrently, they have posted all area streets as "No Parking".  This poses problems when the gate is locked.

Today our observer walked in early, for 35 minutes prior to this Nor' Easter, and tallied 2 Northern Harriers.

Tommorow, I fully expect the gate will be locked again, due to the snow.

The Parks Department can charge fees any time they want.  The gate is often manned on weekends.  I know it is late in the season. But I want to remind the CT Birding Community that, whenever the Park is open and the gate is manned, simply tell the attendant that you are "here for the hawkwatch".  That should get you through without having to pay exhorbitant non-resident fees.

I'm on for tomorrow.  It may be good by mid-morning.  I'll be sure to wear my hiking boots.

Steve Mayo
Bethany