[CT Birds] 10/31 - Wallingford GWFG continues

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Mon Oct 31 18:05:19 EDT 2011

The Greater White-fronted Goose seen in the Whirlwind Road area in Wallingford continues as of 1540. When I arrived 500+ Canada Geese were present in a single field on Whirlwind Hill Road near the intersection with N Branford Rd. Although I scanned the flock a number of times, I did not locate the GWF but was pretty sure it was there and just behind the hillside or another goose as most of the other bodies of water and fields in the area were devoid of geese. For an unknown reason, the flock was spooked and separated. A check of MacKenzie Reservoir yielded the subject bird with a group of around 250 Canadas.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield