[CT Birds] Pawcatuck Hummingbird Photos

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Tue Nov 1 17:52:40 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I have stuck up some digiscoped pictures that Robert Jones kindly sent me on my blog. You can check them out here: http://underclearskies.com/2011/11/01/pawcatuck-hummer/ Thanks to Robert for sending them over. I'm not a hummingbird expert by any means, but it looks like it is a likely Rufous/Allen's type selasphorus but age and sex is beyond me without going to the books. I also linked Sheri L Williamson's article on separating these two species from her blog (which is great in general).

Luke Tiller, Greenwich