[CT Birds] Westbrook/Menunketesuck

Hank Golet htg1523 at att.net
Wed Nov 2 14:20:00 EDT 2011

>From Hank Golet
2/11, Westbrook, Menunketesuck Island and sandbars, BROWN PELICAN (JUV), 7 SNOW BUNTINGS

I went back to Menunketesuck this morning thinking just maybe the Royal Tern adult and juv would return and I might get a better picture than yesterdays.  I stayed for a couple hours until the tide began to cover the bar and was walking back to the Town Beach parking lot when the pelican came by 75 feet off the beach going west at 11:31.
  The Snow Buntings were working the edge of the Island