[CT Birds] No Pelican, many terns

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Sun Nov 6 19:06:05 EST 2011

No Brown Pelican sightings today between Riverside Yacht Club and Greenwich Point.With the change in wind direction, now SW, I wonder if our friend is headed back toNew Haven harbor. From Meredith Sampson w/ Debby Ethridge and "First Sundays" group of 28:11/06/11 - Old Greenwich, Greenwich Point -- 33 FORSTER'S TERNS. Also:3 Red-tailed Hawks and 2 Cooper's Hawks which apparently kept the small birdsunder cover.43 Buffleheads3 Horned Grebes4 Laughing Gulls1 Common Loon2 Osprey7 Tree Swallows