[CT Birds] Scarlet Tanager

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Sun Nov 6 20:00:52 EST 2011

Hi all; Vanessa and I saw a female Scarlet Tanager today in the Eagleville section of Storrs. It's bill was almost purple from eating wild grapes. We also saw it eating insects and Euonymus seeds. This is my latest encounter with a Scarlet Tanager in CT. There was also a House Wren in the same area along the river.  At MacKenzie Reservoir was one Cackling Goose in with a couple of hundred Canada Geese on the east end of the lake; there were also at least 30 Lesser Canada Geese in the flock.

Frank Gallo

Life is short. Bird often.