[CT Birds] Eating mushrooms

Becker-Dunn Eileen eileenbd at me.com
Sun Nov 6 20:16:23 EST 2011


NO, you definitely cannot eat mushrooms if you see an animal eating it. There are many mushroom species that animals and amphibians (turtles) can eat that will poison humans. It has to do with how the toxins are metabolized by different species. If you are interested in learning about what species of mushroom are edible you can contact the CT Mycological Society, Ed Bosman in Cheshire or Connie Borodenko in Hartford.

All the best, Eileen Becker-Dunn, Past President, CT Mycological Society.

More information about the CTBirds mailing list