[CT Birds] Fw: Update: Bring Your Friends - Hartford Audubon Society monthly meeting Nov. 8

Sara Zagorski penguinsz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 7 16:27:30 EST 2011

I have received several emails wondering if St. James's Church in West Hartford
is open for the meeting on Tuesday. Yes it is! This is the perfect meeting to
bring friends who might be interested in birding or who don't understand why you
think birding is so enjoyable. We would love to have more people enjoying our
favorite hobby so the more the merrier. There is no charge for the meeting, and
there will be lights, heat, and refreshments, plus Tom's wonderful array of bird
items on display. A perfect tonic for the stress of recent days.

Sara Zagorski
HAS Board Member

At our November meeting, Tom Sayers will be setting up a display of his bird
photography for those who might like to view his work. You might  consider
arriving a little early to give yourself ample time to enjoy his  images. He
will not be speaking about bird photography, but will have framed or  matted
prints, note cards, greeting cards and 2012 calendars available for  purchase at
the meeting. Time to think about Christmas shopping!

  7:00 PM – Refreshments
  7:30 PM – Regular Meeting
  St. James's  Episcopal Church,
  1018 Farmington Ave, WestHartford
   SPEAKER: Christopher Fisher
   Birding 101
  In this program we will explore what it takes to        move from watching
birds at your   feeders, to becoming a birder        - someone who actually goes
out and looks for birds in other places.  We        will learn how to buy
binoculars and  use them effectively.   We will look        at the various kinds
of bird guides and consider their strengths and        weaknesses.  We will
begin to learn some of the basics of bird        identification.  During all of
this, we will have the opportunity to see        close-up bird pictures from all
over the Americas.  So whether you are        just considering beginning to
bird,  or  have  been doing  it a long        time, you will find this program
interesting and  informative.

Sara Zagorski

"HASnotes" group.