[CT Birds] Westport VA Rail and Snowy Egrets

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 12:44:50 EST 2011

11/8/11 - Westport - Compo Beach - 2 Snowy Egrets flying east off the beach. I relocated these birds at the Sherwood Mill Pond Preserve (Hillspoint Rd.)and watched them feeding for about fifteen minutes. I was able to confirm they were both juveniles. The ducks have returned to the Mill Pond including 34 Buffleheads,6 Hooded Mergs,8 American Wigeon,and 4 Gadwall.12 Greater Yellowlegs and 2 Killdeer were also present early this morning.
Sherwood Island SP - Lesser Black-backed Gull,Virginia Rail continues
Yellow-rumped  numbers are dramatically down but Swamp Sparrow (22)and American Goldfinch(75) numbers are way up today.
Tina Green