[CT Birds] Stratford Point 11/9 and bird walk tomorrow

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Wed Nov 9 12:58:27 EST 2011

Don't forget we will be having a free public bird walk at Stratford Point (1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford) tomorrow, November 10, from 9-11AM. We will take a look at what waterfowl have arrived, find lingering migrants and other birds that winter on the site, and we’ll discuss the exciting habitat management and conservation projects that are taking place at Stratford Point. It has been warm this week but dress for the season and maybe a few showers!

Today's highlights thus far...

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
11/09/11 - Stratford, Stratford Point -- 3 FORSTER'S TERN, 6 WHITE-WINGED SCOTER, 1 "IPSWICH" SAVANNAH SPARROW, 8+ SNOW BUNTING (heard in thick fog), 1 WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW and 1 AMERICAN TREE SPARROW (FOS) among several species of sparrows, 2 HORNED LARK (FOS).

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.