[CT Birds] Perhaps Cave Swallows next weekend?

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:43:08 EST 2011

It now looks as if Friday is the best-looking day for Cave Swallows
along the CT coast in the short-term, as it will be the only day with
NW wind here (potentially quite potent, which is good). The setup has
continued to be unimpressive, but since we're entering that peak time
for these birds, it may be enough to produce a few along the coast.

Tim Spahr of MA pointed out to me that next week may be more
promising...indeed it looks like we'll see a more prolonged period of
SW flow, more in line with classic Cave Swallow invasions of recent
years. If followed by NW winds, it could be very interesting. But
that's well down the road. Plenty of time for things to change.

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT