[CT Birds] Lighthouse Forecast for Tomorrow: BIG Hawks

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 19:34:52 EST 2011

Indeed, finally a cold front, though not a very clean one. We could even
see a sprinkle or two tomorrow (at least there will be clouds!) as a deep
upper trough moves over against a high to our south creating strong
pressure gradient and very gusty winds, 20-30MPH or more. LHP will probably
be the winner if we stay NW enough rather than W. Already on Saturday that
high moves east to the Atlantic, creating that fun old southwest flow again
that Steve mentioned.

So I'm a little hesitant about the abnormal setup tomorrow, but I'd think
enough hawks will move after being backed up this week. I hope the songbird
flight provides some fun as well. Boothe will be a go. We're due for a
Golden after "only" one this year, or please...finally...those Snow Geese.

Don't forget Cave Swallows!

Scott