[CT Birds] Pelicans, one or two?

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 10:30:14 EST 2011

I'd tend to agree with Steve for another reason as well - no one has seen
either/a Brown Pelican at Stratford Point in over two months.

I spend a great deal of time watching the waters off our site, tens of
hours each week. So does Twan Leenders and others, and no one has seen
either/a Brown Pelican at the mouth of the Housatonic since the early
September bird immediately after Irene. You'd think one wandering back and
forth between points on either side of us would somehow, sometime, be seen,
even if just flying by. I think one likes the New Haven are and the other
likes Greenwich to Fairfield. Can't be sure, of course, but that's my best
guess.

Scott Kruitbosch