[CT Birds] Litchfield Co, 500+ Coot day

James Dugan jim at duganworks.com
Sat Nov 12 12:33:23 EST 2011

Yesterday my wife and I visited 24 bodies of water in Litchfield County.
Highlights were:
Hatch Pond, S. Kent - 2 Pied-billed Grebe, 2 DC Corm
Hilltop Pond - 1 P-b Grebe, 26 Hooded Merg (12 male), 11 R-n Duck (8 m)
Ford Pond - m H Merg, P-b Grebe
Mudge Pond - m Bufflehead, DC Corm
Wononskopomuc Lake - 275 Coot
Fisher Pond - 68 R-n Duck, m Com Merg, 4m & 2f H Merg
Washinee Lake, snowing - 220 Coot, 5 pr Bufflehead
Washining Lake - imm Common Loon, pr Com Merg
Wangum Lake, snowing hard - 3m & 5f Bufflehead
Cemetery Pond - 1m & 2 f Gadwall
Bantam Lake - great stuff covered on Dave Rosgens post of yesterday

Jim & Jackie Dugan
New Milford