[CT Birds] No More Pheasant at Station 43

Randy Given givenrandy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 19:32:31 EST 2011

I know there are a variety of feelings about pheasants in CT, but
seems like there might not be any more at Station 43 this season.

I had seen one being reported at Station 43 and I had seen it just
last week. Today, I was going down Vibert Road looking for some Tree
Sparrows. I got out of the car to look into some bushes. A couple
seconds later, I heard a gunshot. I immediately guessed what had
happened. Sure enough, a minute later, a hunter with a fluorescent
orange vest was walking toward me with a pheasant in hand.

I don't know if it was the property owner or not. His distances were
legal if he wasn't, but I didn't think hunting was allowed there
anyhow.

Randy Given
Manchester