[CT Birds] eBird Western Kingbird report from Westport

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 21:46:36 EST 2011

I just saw a report of a WESTERN KINGBIRD on eBird, at a "personal
location." The point marked on the map is on Sasco Creek Road,
immediately north of I-95. I'm told this is the approximate location
of the Christmas Tree Farm, but I do not know whether the bird was
seen at the farm, along the road itself, or elsewhere.

Here is my attempt at a link to the map. Hope it works:
http://maps.google.com/?q=41.1268596,-73.3043191%20%28Western%20Kingbird%29

Not sure of the bird's description or if similar species such as the
much-rarer Tropical/Couch's/Cassin's Kingbirds were ruled out. There
has been a small flurry of WEKI to our region this past week or so.

Hopefully details will follow.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com