[CT Birds] Pelican(s)

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 12 22:16:02 EST 2011

I'll chime in, with the suspicion that there are at least two Brown Pelicans
that have been lingering along the CT shoreline.  Those who have spent time
searching for the New Haven bird in particular reported putting in a fair amount
of time searching, and then finally located it on a dock or a boat or a piling,
or flying around the sizeable harbor.  Let's not forget that after T.S. Irene,
there was the immature off Milford/Stratford, but also one of the Fairfield
birders (James or Alex) reported seeing an adult off Penfield or vicinity.
 Let's also realize that at least one or two were (and are) also being seen off
the east end of Long Island, NY at the same time.  It seems to me that there had
been as many as three along our shore since the storm.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford