[CT Birds] Western Kingbird photos

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Sun Nov 13 11:56:15 EST 2011

I took some record shots of the WESTERN KINGBIRD while at our sanctuary this morning: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2011/11/western-kingbird-at-h-smith-richardson.html

It is well worth the trip. Cooperative and very cool bird. It chased the Eastern Bluebirds while I was there, even calling angrily at them. We have worked hard to rid the property of mile-a-minute vine, and the planted grasses that now fill the field have been very productive this year, this bird being the highlight. Follow the directions to the sanctuary and to the specific area that I posted last night, or check them in the blog entry above. The bird was in the trees today and not on any of the nest boxes, at least while I was there. The information was right on, so our thanks to the as yet unknown eBird observer!

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society