[CT Birds] Westport: Western Kingbird YES

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Sun Nov 13 18:19:58 EST 2011

11/13/11 - 3:58 pm  Sasco Creek Road - Western Kingbird

    Seen well in the scope as it perch hunted in the northern half of the field which is across the street from the CAS Smith-Richardson Christmas Tree Farm.  The couple I was with, and I,  then tried to reposition ourselves for a better view but with the numerous Robins and Starlings flying about we couldn't relocate the bird.  We then crossed the street and went into the Christmas Tree Farm to look for the Yellow-breasted Chat seen yesterday with no luck.  I had a brief view of a possible Vesper Sparrow while there.

Mike Warner
Wilton, CT.