[CT Birds] East Shore Park photos; Wallingford GWFG

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 20:55:34 EST 2011

Below are my highlights of two hours this morning at East Shore Park.
By my count this makes 10 warbler species recorded there so far this
month. This place is overdue for a western vagrant! Maybe this week.
Here is a link to photos:

East Shore Park, New Haven, US-CT
Nov 13, 2011 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM

Laughing Gull  3
Golden-crowned Kinglet  2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  9
Hermit Thrush  1
Gray Catbird  1
Tennessee Warbler  1     **late. A bright apparently first-fall bird
seen well and photographed. Very vocal at times, calling sharp 'tsit'
notes. Smallish and short-tailed warbler; rather bright green above
with grayer nape; dark eyeline; yellowish below with a few
faint/diffuse blurry streaks at breast sides that were only visible at
certain angles; sharp and slightly downcurved bill.
Orange-crowned Warbler  1     typical dull celata; photos; gave a few
rapid-fire sharp chip notes that had slight metallic quality to them
Blackpoll Warbler  1     possibly the same continuing bird?
Palm Warbler  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  14
Field Sparrow  5

Also, on Saturday evening an adult (continuing bird?) GREATER
WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE was among 300 Canada Geese on the north end of
Mackenzie Reservoir in Wallingford.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT